One of the best ways to find out what it’s really like in a job role or industry sector is to speak to someone who’s doing the job already. Find out what innovation, commercial awareness and many more skillsets REALLY mean in a workplace context.
- Sheffield Connections: Friday 23rd October, week 4 - Joe Twyman, Head of Political and Social Research at YouGov and Politics alumnus, will be meeting with 10 students. Over coffee and cake Joe will be sharing his advice and insight, tailored to your questions. Find out more and book a place.
- Women in Business: Friday 23rd October, week 4 - Sarah Cumming, Marketing Executive for Kellogg’s will be sharing her experience of what it’s really like to be a business woman. Sarah has extensive international business and marketing experience. Find out more and book a place.
- Q&A: Friday 23rd October, week 4 - Sarah Cumming answers your questions about marketing. An ambassador for women in business, Sarah is keen to meet female students and to help you progress your career ideas. Find out more and book a place.
- Reach: Wednesday 28th October, week 5 - Inspired by current students, this one day event gives you the chance to meet successful alumni who’ll be passing on their knowledge of the key skills needed for top jobs and what you can do to develop them. Find out more and book a place.
To make sure you can get into the career you want, learn the techniques and skills you need to take up opportunities that’ll get you there. Experts from the University of Sheffield guide you through all you need to know in these easy to follow, comprehensive online courses.
- How to Succeed at: Writing Applications: starts Monday October 26th, week 5. Find out more and sign up.
- How to Succeed at: Interviews: starts Monday 16th November, week 8. Find out more and sign up.
Throughout weeks 4-8 the Discover Your Future team will be running a series of events on Placements and Graduate Schemes. Find out more about the programme here.
Learn from the experts today. Be the expert tomorrow!